Sunday, September 30, 2007

Super Size Me

The most shocking part of the film for me was probably how willing the people on the streets were to be apart of the film and share their input. The group of people who were in front of the White House and could not even finish the National Anthem left me in awe. They tried multiple times and still could not completely finish it correctly. However, when asked what the slogan for McDonalds Big Mac, one woman had no problem supplying the answer immediately. She then proceeded to laugh hysterically about this which I think is truly embarrassing.
This experiment definitely added to the movie's entire point. Morgan took this idea that our country is entirely obsessed with running at a fast pace, to the point where we start to kill ourselves. This is shown especially through these average group of Americans. While some people may laugh all they want that these people could ACTUALLY forgot the National Anthem, I am sure they may be surprised at what they fail to remember as well. This part of the movie really made me stop and think about how I need to slow down my life as well and really think about what I am putting into my body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home