Monday, October 22, 2007

In my paper i wish to explore the paralles that exist between paganism and christianity. Also I am interested in resaching where and when the mistrust between the two of them developed.

Growing up I have always been interested in the way others view things, how they think, and what they believe. Unfortunately, I was raised in a Christian family, and extremely so. My father was a preacher as was my great grandfather, and his father before him, so I've been immersed in this religion my entire life. My family highly disapproved of me wanting to explore, and find what i believed in. I was taught others of different faiths were going to hell, and in some cases were bad people whom i should never associate with. One religion in particular that was shunned was Paganism.

However, many of the concepts in Christianity and Paganism are shared. Also many of the holidays thought to be Christian are actually Pagan. In my paper i wish to explore these parallels between the faiths. As far as questions right now they consist of the following; which religion copied from which/ which came first? where and when did the mistrust between the two develop? what all do the two share, and also what is different?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home