Thursday, September 20, 2007

My name is Thomas Lee which you could probably guess by my blog profile.I was born in Grady hospital in the heart of downtown Atlanta . A couple hours after that I moved to Decatur, a city about five minuets to the east. Decatur is NOT a suburb. My home town is a pretty diverse place, it's less of a town and more of a city actually. Anyway I feel like growing up in Decatur has made me who i am. I find when talking to people from other places that my concept of what is normal is actually very different from most peoples' experiences. Much of the allure of going to school so far away from home was that I wanted to completely separate myself from the strange vortex of irregularities that is Decatur. I like to consider myself an open minded person, but sometimes I wonder if I could really change my opinions about certain topics. I can't stand people who have no opinions of their own , and yes there are a lot of such people. I am passionate to the point that some people think I'm crazy, but I tend to think that they are just not confident enough in themselves to stand up for what they feel strongly about. I find it hard to understand people who only act in their own self interest. I think my defining characteristic is that I have a hard time forgiving people, including myself. I hold myself to a high standard of behavior, which i find very hard to maintain. The end result of this is that i have a very guilty conscience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home